Can we collaborate our way out of our silos?
Collaborating our way out of workplace silos is all the rage … or is it? Seems that silos are a bad idea until the business climate gets nasty and your department needs protection from the elements, and then, well, a wall is a wall. What are some responses to the collaboration conundrum? Besides perfecting your martial arts …
- Is there such a thing as too much collaboration?
- Meta-Design firm IDEO has joined a "creative collective" to do away with silos.
- Flox wants to be the future of workplace collaboration. (What's that again?) It's all about teams.
- Facebook has managed to keep its corporate culture despite its massively-growing scale.
- But if anyone's done all kinds of data on teams, it's Google.
- Even martial arts techniques require working in a team!